Nordic Lights ambition is to promote the best of Nordic photography, both from established photographers and new voices. This is a continuous process where the program committee throughout the year looks for photographers with exciting projects and a good visual expression.
New this year is that we also open up for submissions through an “Open call” where everyone can have their projects evaluated by our program committee. What we are looking for are strong projects from Nordic photographers, or projects with a Nordic theme. The projects must be presented either as an exhibition or as a lecture in order to be considered.
All submissions will be reviewed by our program committee and the deadline for applications is the 1st of May.
The following guidelines apply:
• The submission must contain a minimum of 20 images from a single project
• Material can be submitted as JPG or PDF. A PDF of a book or other relevant documentation of the project is also ok
• The project must contain new material: ongoing or completed during the last two years
• The application must contain a project description of a maximum one A4 page
• The application must include an artist statement / CV
• The application must include a short video, between two and three minutes, presenting yourself and the project
• All projects must be sent digitally to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st
All submissions will be reviewed by our program committee and responses will be sent to the photographers in May.
All questions about our Open Call can be directed to Lise at email@example.com.